cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wlan controller

drosenbaum
Level 1
Level 1

whats the trick to do TFTP BACKUP? It seems not to like my regular tftp client...

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here is a screenshot to upload a config file to a tftp server. See attached file.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

make sure you are doing the "upload from controller" not "download to controller".

Also, make sure your file path is "/".

The TFTP prompt doesn't take a format of "c:/....."

Other than that, it should work.

can you tell us what your exact configuration for tftp looks like ( from the controller gui)?

you hit it on the head the issue is in the formatting and also someone said the cliend has to be tftp32d

also beneate the path is file name so what to put there?

tftpd32 is good when doing the downloads of software code. Some TFTP clients don't handle files larger than like 32MB. Thats why tftpd32 is usually suggested.

As for filename, if you are uploading the configuration to the tftp server (to backup), I suppose this is just where you say what you want the filename saved as.

good info, anyone have a screen shot of the tftp page with an example of a good path and filename?

Here is a screenshot to upload a config file to a tftp server. See attached file.

Hi d-berlinski

Did you use tftp32 or wich one?

Currently I have the problem when I write  the File Path in order to upload a file AIR-WLC2100-K9-6-0-188-0.aes to controller

I tried with TFTP desktop,and solarwinds  I put file in c:/, in the FIle Path field I wrote / (base on the example shown in config guide file)
in file name field  the name of the file; but it did not work.

I will try with \ in file path base on your example..

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card