WLC and WCS

Unanswered Question
Oct 4th, 2009

hi guys first of all i am very new to wirless....never used on ein my life except the hom eone :-) which is very easy.

we have to config a new wirless site. There are two contollers which will act as primary and secondary and then we have around 50 AP's.....the contollers are 4402 i beleive. Now we have a WCS server as well which is located in our data centre what is WCS server ??? i ahve to config the site and then add that to the WCS as well....i have no idea how to do the site plus add them in WCS can someone recommand a doco for both as i am bit struggling at the moment.....a GUI step by step would do....thanks guys

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
The_guroo_2 Sun, 10/04/2009 - 08:03

Thanks for quick reply....i have a problem now.....the WCS can ping the WLC at client site....but when i add snmpv3 it cojmes with an error that it doesnt respond check the network config...i tried to look the error on websites but cant find anything....can you please tell me what is the problem there is no firewall in between??? why snmp is not working it means that i cant get an monitoring basically cant do anything with new sites

The_guroo_2 Sun, 10/04/2009 - 19:00

I have treid snmpv2 as wel and it doesnt work as well i ahve also checked the version and WLC has newer version then WCS. so snmpv2 will not work either???? if the WLC version is newer??? or do i am having some other issues

Actions

This Discussion