pemasirid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 1841 router with following specs;

IOS: ipbasek9-mz.124-24.T1

HWIC-8A/S-RS232 in slot0

WIC-1AM-V2 in Slot 1

Console cables are connected from 0-3 on 1st port of 8A/S-RS232 to 04 devices starting Cable 0 to Switch and cable 1 to ASR router etc.

WIC-1AM-V2 modem is configured as Asyn in order to dial the server to access via analog line.

The issue I'm having is that I can connect only to 1st port (which is port 0 connected to switch) by giving host name with port 2002.

When I try connecting other devices such as asr router (with port 2003) I can see the port is open but I cant log-in to the devices.

Attached is the running configuration and connection/session/lines informaitons.

Can someone advise me why I cant log-in to the other ports (except port 2002).

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Remove flowcontrol hardware from 0/0/x lines. There, you will want also modem out, transport input none, no exec.

baiba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i have similar, not to say exact (same router/card), problem, i have tried almost everything, googled for week, but no solution jet, please tell if you have found solution for this.

Hi,

I made it working after giving no-exec and exec-timeout 0 0 under line command.

Pls share your configuration so that I can figure out.

My config

as I found out, configuration with interface card: HWIC-8A/S-232 (with two physical interfaces for cable) with cable CAB-HD8-ASYNC works as follows:

on both interface slots only first 4 even console cables (starting with 0) works thus making for first slot (labeled 0-3) P0,P2,P4 and P6 working. accordingly serial nubers are Sx/x/0(1,2,3). and for second slot (labeled 4-7) same P0,P2,P4 and P6 working, and serial numbers are Sx/x/4(5,6,7)

in conclusion for full 8 console cables you need two cables (CAB-HD8-ASYNC) and you can use only half of 16 cable ends (as described above)