cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Printer

kdeiee1979
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know if I can be able to use my wireless printer when connect to VPN network.

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Kendal, what type of VPN? RA VPN or L2L..

If RA vpn all depends, if far end VPN gateway is operating as a Full tunnel VPN you will not be able to access local LAN resources at your end, that includes wireless printer. On the other hand if VPN gateway is split tunnel VPN then you can.

If L2L vpn should be able to have local lan resources fine including wireless devices.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

kanewilliamson
Level 1
Level 1

If you are connected with a VPN and have any desire to print on a nearby Bluetooth printer, you want to make your device visible on the local network. To do this, go to your VPN settings and search for the option to make your device visible on local networks. This will vary depending upon your VPN supplier.

If you are refering to a site to site VPN then you will have local LAN access.  If you are refering to remote access VPN (AnyConnect) you will have local LAN access if your VPN is using split-tunneling and the remote network IPs do not overlap with the local LAN you are connecting from.  If it does overlap, then additional configuration is required on the VPN headend to allow local access if it is not already in place.

If you are connecting via AnyConnect and tunnel-all traffic is being used there would also need to be additional configuration done on the VPN headend to allow local LAN access. 

So local LAN access is possible in all cases, it is just a matter of configuration to make it possible.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: