cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Image

sudhir1972hk
Level 1
Level 1

I recently obtained a Cisco 2621 Router from a friend. My colleague was playing with it and accidentally deleted the IOS image on the router and now I am stuck with the rommon prompt. Could any of you guys help me get an IOS image? Thanks a lot.

5 Replies 5

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

try to search internet for such IOS. you can find it in some share web sites.

you need a soft as small as the size of your flash.

if you have an other router you can copy the ios from it and then download it to the first one.

I did search the net but couldn't find it. Hope you can guide me a website that shares the IOS images. Also, I can't load other router's IOS onto this router, right?

network_dude
Level 1
Level 1

If you are in ROMmon and there is no IOS image in flash: You will need to do an Xmodem transfer (This could take hours).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml

As far as obtaining an image, you can tftp the image from another 2621 to you local PC.

Scott

Hi Scott,

The problem is I don't have another 2621 Router. Doesn't Cisco provide the IOS image?

If you have a valid account you can login to cisco.com and download the image.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card