Replies

Unable to Upgrade ASA-SSM-20

ramikamel911
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

am trying to upgrade my ASA-SSM-20 IPS.

current version: IPS-K9-6.0-6-E3

but after browsing the file & clicking on upgrade button, i got this message window:

"cannot upgrade software on the sensor"

"NULL"

I used the following files after downloading them from cisco:

IPS-K9-6.1-3-E3.pkg

IPS-K9-6.2-2-E3.pkg

non of them worked & each time i try to upgrade i got same message.

any idea? what could be the problem?

thanks

Rami

4 Replies 4

ddevecka
Level 1
Level 1

I similar issues and I had to reboot the sensor and then I could to the upgrade.

Dan

Hi.

too busy sensor send this message, when i try to upgrade as well, send me the same message, then i try to check this again, reload all asa, and then load the asa again.

then send me the same message.

try to upgrade with no users in line.

greetings.

rich_whyrick
Level 1
Level 1

Is your license current? I ran into this issue a few days back, then discovered that my license was out of date. I updated my license and then the updates applied successfully. Running "sh ver" from the session 1 command prompt will tell you, or you can look on the Intrusion Prevention tab under Home in the ASDM.

Rich

melchib
Level 1
Level 1

I'd recommend trying it via the CLI -- http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/ips/6.2/configuration/guide/cli/cli_system_images.html#wp1088688

If that doesn't work, as a last resort you could backup your config & re-image the sensor with the new code. Then copy/paste your config back on - just make sure you paste it section by section. I've had to do this with stingy sensors in the past as well...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/ips/6.2/configuration/guide/cli/cli_system_images.html#wp1230355

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card