cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are Cisco Blade Servers and BS chassis home-grown?

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

Or are they re-branded? Are they manufactured by HP, IBM, Cisco, etc.? Basic question, but I'm wondering whether they rebranded them as they do the Unified Communications' servers MCS series.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hsussman
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco B-Series blade servers and C-Series rack servers are designed by Cisco. There are no 3rd party products therefore no re-branding. In Fact, there are a number of patents and new specifications that were put forth with the introduction of Cisco's servers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cco-iamrodos
Level 1
Level 1

I don't work for Cisco so I don't really know. However I believe they are totally Cisco. They have so much of the Nexus architecture locked into them and so much is different to the other manufactures. Also they are competing now against those companies you mention.

Why do you ask?

Makes sense- I just wanted to know because I knew I'd get asked that very same question.....but it makes sense.

Thanks.

hsussman
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco B-Series blade servers and C-Series rack servers are designed by Cisco. There are no 3rd party products therefore no re-branding. In Fact, there are a number of patents and new specifications that were put forth with the introduction of Cisco's servers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card