Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4 failover setup

mark.doyle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a quick 'sanity check' question for someone who spends more time in Unity then I do.

I am nearly finished rebuilding a pair of Unity 4.2(1) onto new hardware and OS. My primary is done and active, my secondary is rebuilt with no database.

Can I configure fail over at this point, or do I need to DiRT restore a database onto the secondary first?

Also, when I run FailoverConfig.exe will the Primary go offline for part of the process? The docs I'm reading aren't clear on this (at least to me).

Thanks for any help,

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you can configure failover at this point.

You do not need to restore a DiRT backup to the secondary server. When you run the Failover Configuration Wizard (FCW), the SQL database will replicate from the primary server to the secondary server.

Running FCW on the primary and secondary servers will briefly stop and re-start the Cisco Unity services.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you can configure failover at this point.

You do not need to restore a DiRT backup to the secondary server. When you run the Failover Configuration Wizard (FCW), the SQL database will replicate from the primary server to the secondary server.

Running FCW on the primary and secondary servers will briefly stop and re-start the Cisco Unity services.

HTH

Prefect. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: