Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 advanced Virtual Servers

ztokarczyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need advice if it is possible to configure RV042 in certain way.

I have two public IPs assigned to WAN ports configured for load balancing, and accessing world from local netwok does work without problems.

What I need (and had previously with my dual WAN Edimax router, before it burned away) is to configure forwarding/virtual server (whatever the name for linksys is) separately for both WANs. I need to get something like:

public IP1                 public IP2

WAN1                       WAN2

|                                 |

port 80                      port 80

local IP1                     local IP2

But, when I configure port forwarding the normal way, I get port forwarded to one LAN destination from both WANs, example below.:

public IP1                 public IP2

WAN1                       WAN2

\                               /

\                             /

\                           /

port 80

|

local IP

Do You think that I can achieve my goal shown on the first sketch with current version of RV042?

It does not have to be done via WEB GUI. I can configure router with text console, but I do not see aprioperiate commands to modify firewall forwarding rules.

Any help would be appreciated

Kudos!

3 Replies 3

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

RV042 does not support the scenario you like to realize. But you could use the 1-to-1 NAT feature on RV042 to work around it.

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

The reason being the rv042 will not allow you to shape the same protocol to two different servers.  It is a product limitation.  But like security said you can use the one to one nat feature and access the server that way.

I think that I can not use the o2o nat for the simple reason that I do not have IP pool, but only a single adress that I use for WAN interface (I mean of course two single IPs, that are not in same subnetwork).

On the other hand I do not think that it is product limitation. At least not the hardware, but web software created by Linksys/Cisco. I know that OpenRG linux, that this router runs on supports that kind of routing. I only don't know how to configure it with cli.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: