cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Additional FXO for UC500?

finalconnect
Level 3
Level 3

Client that has 12 FXO lines from telco. Is there any add-on product to get the FXO count of a UC5x0 installation beyond 8 FXO?

Thanks in advance.

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes, SPA8800 with four additional FXO ports at a very affordable price:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10446/index.html

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

You can deploy the SPA8800's FXO ports as a generic SIP trunk using CCA, so it is supported. We will provide detailed configuration instructions, listing benefits and caveats, in the next few weeks. We will accompany this tech note with an XML file that can be imported into CCA under the SIP trunking parameters.

Marcos

Is this a desktop form factor unit or a rackmount one? If it is desktop form factor (an 8-use,r or a 16-user system), then please follow Marcos' suggestion. If this is a rackmount unit (a 24-user, a 32-user, or a 48-user system), then note that there are 2 slots on UC 520s that support the factory installed 8 FXO ports, in addition, there is an empty expansion VIC slot that can be used to support an additional 4-port VIC2-4FXO card.

Thanks,

Saurabh

No. The rack-mount UC 520 has a built-in 4-port FXS card. In addition, it also has 2 built-in 4-port FXO cards plus an empty expansion VIC slot (that can accommodate another 4-port FXS or 4-port FXO, or T1/E1).

-Saurabh

13 Replies 13

Yes, SPA8800 with four additional FXO ports at a very affordable price:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10446/index.html

Thanks,

Marcos

Thanks for the quick reply. Is the SPA8800 configurable from the CCA? If not, would integration of that device with the UC540 by CLI be supported?

You can deploy the SPA8800's FXO ports as a generic SIP trunk using CCA, so it is supported. We will provide detailed configuration instructions, listing benefits and caveats, in the next few weeks. We will accompany this tech note with an XML file that can be imported into CCA under the SIP trunking parameters.

Marcos

Hi Marcos, is that guide already available?, as you said i understand it´s possible to use SPA8800 FXO ports as an additional incoming/outgoing PSTN resource in a UC520/540/560 deployment configured as generic SIP trunk using CCA, am i right?

Thanks for your help!

You are right, but we do not have this documentation posted yet. Apologies for the delay. There is no ETA for it either.

Thanks,

Marcos

Is this a desktop form factor unit or a rackmount one? If it is desktop form factor (an 8-use,r or a 16-user system), then please follow Marcos' suggestion. If this is a rackmount unit (a 24-user, a 32-user, or a 48-user system), then note that there are 2 slots on UC 520s that support the factory installed 8 FXO ports, in addition, there is an empty expansion VIC slot that can be used to support an additional 4-port VIC2-4FXO card.

Thanks,

Saurabh

UC540?

On UC 540, you can have a maximum of 8 FXO ports. Use the recommendations from Marcos.

-Saurabh

On the rack mount, under the 12 FXO (8 FXO onboard plus 4 FXO VWIC) configuration though, you would lose the 4 FXS correct?

No. The rack-mount UC 520 has a built-in 4-port FXS card. In addition, it also has 2 built-in 4-port FXO cards plus an empty expansion VIC slot (that can accommodate another 4-port FXS or 4-port FXO, or T1/E1).

-Saurabh

Thanks.

I have uc 540 with 4 analog lines from verizon in USA

I purchased VIC2 4 FXO FXO port for additional 4 analog lines 

I still only can use 4 lines

How do I add or cofigure additional 4 lines

This is old solved thread. Your chances someone will notice your comment are rather low.

Moreover you provided no details (at least show ver, show inv, show diag).

Related: UC500 - Cant see a FXO card

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: