Helpful
Replies

2.6 install insues

pieterddejong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have taken over an install and have come across some issues:

CS and RME LMS2.2 were installed. When trying to install CM, the install tries to stop the dmgtd process but apparently fails. I then tried to install LMS 2.5 ontop of this but have thesame issues (see attached).

If I try to manually kill these processes, a new process is created. How tdo I terminate them to continue the install?

Cheers in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Run this command:

kill -9 1021 16012 16006 16007 16008 16009

That should kill off all of the remaining Apache processes.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can simply kill these process with kill -9 (e.g. kill -9 1021). The problem with dmgtd not being able to kill off all apps when LMS is installed into a custom NMSROOT is fixed in Common Services 3.0.6 which is part of LMS 2.6 SP1.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. I'm more IOS focused and not Solaris. The organisation I work with depict that the folder structure unfortunately. I followed your advise but unfortunately the processes start up again (see attached). I can't uninstall or do anything until I kill these. Any other tips perhaps?

Cheers in advance

Daemon Manager must still be running. Post the entire ps -efl output.

Yup,

See attached. Seems to be stop or CW's thinks it is anyway.

Run this command:

kill -9 1021 16012 16006 16007 16008 16009

That should kill off all of the remaining Apache processes.

Thank you!

That has resolved my issue. Will continue on the install and hold thumbs...

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First off you are upgrading a very old version with an not quite as old but still old (~ 4 years old) version. LMS 3.2 is the current release. Unless there's a lot of content you need on the old server, I'd think a new clean install would serve you better.

How are you killing the processes? You should use /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop.

I notice the localhost address is being used. This is not generally recommended for Ciscoworks server access. Use the fqdn or real IP address instead.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: