Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.x with CUE as voicemail support

We are having CUCM 7.x with 3825 as voicegateway, for voicemail we are using CUE, now my question since we are using CUE better going voice gateway as H.323 or MGCP.

Please light me what should be my gateway choice if I am using CUCM and for voicemail CUE.

5 Replies 5

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

It really doesn't matter which one you choose to integrate with the CUCM. CUE integrates with CUCM using a JTAPI application and CTI Quick buffer Encoding protocol. The CTI ports and CTI route points control configured in CUE control the voicemail and AA applications.

So with that being said, as for the protocol to use is really decided on what you want to configure. MGCP is typically easier to configure since it is all managed from CM. With H323 you will have to duplicate your dialplan on the gateway as well as CM. YOu can also setup MGCP with H323 Fallback enabling the router to take over the CUE communication in SRST mode.

So it really depends on your design model..

Hi Kelvin,

Could you please tell me any configuration example for the same with H323 gateway.

Thanks

Vineet

Thanks Jo

I have already gone through this link and configured the devices, but voice mail is not working while CTI port and CTI route point showing me registered status.

On CUE "show ccn status ccm-manager" output is also registered.

unable to find out what is the issue is there.

Thanks

Vineet

Can you provide more detail into what is not working? Is it all calls? The most typical mistake that an individual makes is with the Calling Search Spaces that are associated CTI Route Point and CTI Ports. Make sure these are correct..