Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA Dialplan fallback

pengli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The following is the current dialplan on spa3102.

L:20,S:7,(4163067274|9058861310|9058899296|(*xx<:@gw0>|[3469]11S0<:@gw0>|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0<:@gw0>|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0<:@gw0>|011xx.<:@gw0>)

I understand that if my sip registration is gone or power fails, the box will failover to PSTN line.

If my sip is good, but remote party i am calling , say 9058861310 (one several friends on same remote proxy) is off the proxy for whatever reason, then, I definitely can't make a successful call through sip. How am going to make may dialpplan to fallback to try pstn upon a not successful SIP call?

thanks in advance.
peng

4 Replies 4

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

Peng,

The SPA3102 does not support this feature. It is designed for hard failover, not conditional failover. You could set it so you have an access code to dial if the call does not complete over voip. Therefore, you could pickup the phone, dial the destination, and if it does not connect then hang up and dial the access code (for a different call path) then the destination to try using the pstn. It does not automatically fail over.

Bill

Hi Bill,

first, thanks for your reply. it's a quick one.

SPA should be programmed in a way that it looks up the pattern and if there's several match (in my case, 9058861310 and NxxNxxxxxx@gw0), it should try first exact match, if not successful, then try second match.

If it's not able to do this condiontional fallback, do you know where we can request a feature enhancement or bug report?

Do you know whether spa will respond to "Sip redirect" or some kind of message so SPA will try next dialplan in line?

http://faq.sipbroker.com/tiki-index.php?page=Dial+Plans

L:20,S:7,( x | *xx | 911S0 | 1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 <:@sipbroker.com> | [x*][x*]. <:@sipbroker.com> | <#:>[x*][x*]. )

It seems that people can try sipbroker for enum call, if failed, then it will go to other plan.

Couldn't the way it works here be used same way for SPA? it seems that they use "sip redirect". I need to do a debug to confirm.

If proxy send out a "redirect" to SPA, it problably work?

thanks
peng

Peng,

The feature you are describing is a feature of the ITSP (sipbroker) and not of the SPA device. The dialplan is set for longest/best match and it only picks one. If that one does not work, then the call fails. The SPA device does respond to/understand 3xx redirects. Typically the redirect is given when a call forward is invoked not if the call fails. Most of the time the destination is not found so you get a 4xx sip message not a redirect. This feature is most likely not going to be implemented on this product and it is not a bug in the device. Sorry if that is not what you wanted to hear, its just not a feature of the device.

Bill

Hi bill,

Agree.

I would be nice that we can put a request for feature enhacement for SPA. I think the idea from callmanger is good one.

For example, for NXXNXXXXXX, I can define several route-group and each route-group associated with different gw with priority. If one of route-group/gw fails it will check the next one.

Maybe it's a simple line of logice that need to be coded in SPA so it find out either

1. NXXNXXXXXX | NXXNXXXXXX<:@GW0> , in this case , it will try registered SIP line first, if it is not successful, then try GW0, the next pattern.

or

2. NXXNXXXXXX (SIP line: priority 10, @GW0 priority 20) In this case, for the same pattern, we have different resources with different priority and spa try priority 10 first and 20.

Are you aware a link that we an put in this request for new firmware?

thanks

peng

BTw, here's capture of the packet from sipbroker.com, which is a "redirect" for not registerred ENUM.

No.     Time        Source                Destination           Protocol Info
      1 0.000000    64.34.162.221         206.248.174.34        SIP      Status: 300 Redirect

Frame 1 (669 bytes on wire, 669 bytes captured)
Ethernet II, Src: Unispher_a1:11:d6 (00:90:1a:a1:11:d6), Dst: Cisco-Li_10:e2:67 (00:14:bf:10:e2:67)
PPP-over-Ethernet Session
Point-to-Point Protocol
Internet Protocol, Src: 64.34.162.221 (64.34.162.221), Dst: 206.248.174.34 (206.248.174.34)
User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: sip (5060), Dst Port: sip (5060)
Session Initiation Protocol
    Status-Line: SIP/2.0 300 Redirect
        Status-Code: 300
        [Resent Packet: False]
    Message Header

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: