Point-to-Point

Unanswered Question
Oct 6th, 2009

I have been working on this for some time and had a post in another section so I thought I would start again from fresh.

What I am trying to accomplish is having a point to point connection that will act as if it was a cable linking the building together in a trunk. I need to transfer the VLANs and their data through the switch to the Non-Root Bridge FastEthernet port in the power injector, to the Root Bridge AP at HQ, to the rest of the network with all the users.

I have a switch at both ends of the network. HQ has the Root and Building 2 (B2) has the non-root.

I have the non-root switch data and VoIP ports configured with:

switchport access vlan 10

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport voice vlan 20

spanning-tree portfast

Right now I have the native VLAN talking so that I can connect to the bridges and switches to make changes. But I can not for the life of me get the data network or the voice network to work. I have configured from scratch many times by CLI and cheating and using the GUI, but have failed.

I have read many of the document being Cisco or other sites about configuring the VLANs but have had no success. I feel I am missing a small part that I am over looking.

Please help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
o.primous Fri, 10/09/2009 - 04:23

Ok. I finally got this connection to work. I have been uninstalling and reinstalling the data and phone vlans. I turned spanning tree off in the web gui for the 2 vlans.

When I deleted the the vlans I also started with the root bridge and worked back.

I really do not know how this worked since I just have been repeating these actions.

Actions

This Discussion