Views
Helpful
Replies

integrate AD with CUCM 7.X

hegegabor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have a CUCM 7.X, and want to use Active Directory for end user's specific attributes like controlled devices, personal phone book.

The normal syncronization is works and the end user authentication too.

I want store the users' controlledDevices attributes in the Active Directory too.

I didn't find any config guide or information about this. I found just for the 3.X version. Where can I find a guide that is show me how to do it.

Is there any patch or program for this or have to do this manually (I mean download the cisco schema, extend the AD with this schema, and configure the callmanager to use the AD for this specific attributes).

I think this is possible (cos in the 3.X it is) but I didn't find anything.

please help!

Thank you.

Gabor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Linux appliances do not have any AD plugin and do not extend the AD schema (CUCM specific info is only in CUCM server), that was only on Windows versions

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Linux appliances do not have any AD plugin and do not extend the AD schema (CUCM specific info is only in CUCM server), that was only on Windows versions

HTH

java

HTH

java

hmm, it is bad news...

and why? Is it too complex to extend?

thank you,

Gabor

No, simply because Linux appliances pull the info from LDAP into the CUCM server and there is no need. You can add the necessary fields within the copy CUCM has and leave LDAP untouched.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi,

I don't understand you...

first of all, I don't need extend the AD schema as you say. okay

but where can I set the necessary fields (controlled devices...). Is the CUCM 7.X support to store this attributes in AD?

How can I do this?

thank you.

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

hi,

I have read these before, but thank you.

I know how can I configure, I just didn't know it is possible to store cisco specific informations external in 7.x. But I see no.

Gabor

OK, sorry, I read your original post after I had replied and figured you might have already had that information.

To my knowledge you are not able to store information in AD like you were able to do with older versions of Call Manager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: