cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunks to Aspect Call Center

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I have very limited info but I'm looking to point someone in the right direction. My colleague has the following setup in Europe. Cisco Call Manager version 7.1 with ISDN trunks to the PSTN. The Call Manager has SIP trunks to an Aspect Call Center. The problem is, when someone from outside calls a number on the call manager that is routed over to the Aspect system, the caller is not able to dial DTMF that can be heard/understood by the Aspect system. However, if a user of a Call Manager phone picks up a phone and dials the same number internally, DTMF does work over the SIP trunks to this Aspect system. It would seem there's some sort of issue with DTMF passing through the ISDN trunks, through the CCM and ultimately over to the Aspect system. Do you have a recommendation on where to start looking to resolve this problem?

2 Replies 2

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the dtmf-relay on the inbound gateway and what is being sent on the SIP Trunk. My assumption is that you might be using dtmf-rlay h245-alphanumeric where some sip trunks I've seen expect dtmf-relay rtp-nte.

Is there a CUBE router between the CUCM and Aspect ACD?

Thanks. I'll pass this on and if he has access to this site, I'll have him post his input as well since he has the most info on the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: