Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 sip factory default

phonetech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've inherited a few older 7960 SIP phones and I am in the process of converting them to SCCP for our CUCM 7.

Unfortunately some of these phones are password protected and I can't unlock them.

I really want to factory default them first.

The procedure of pressing and holding # button until the factory reset prompt appears doesn't work on these phones.

It just proceeds to boot.

The firmware on these phones is:

POS-06-3-00

PC030301

PS03AT38

Is there some way for to default these phones?

Thanks

Yury

12 Replies 12

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

Try the password cisco

I have loaded SIP firmware on 7960 and they get locked but using the above password, i unlock them.

I am past that point. cisco is a default password and whoever managed these phones changed that.

Thanks

See your objective is to convert them to SCCP,

I had this kind of issue with CM4,

what i did, I configured the phones to get ip from CM scope,

once i am able to see it in CM4 phones section with correct IP, I manually put the OS name there.

i am sure we can do it in CM7 as well, only difference is CM7 can register SIP phones

The problem is that I need to get in the phone to change networking config to

point the phone to CUCM or to TFTP server.

Use factory reset sequence 123456789*0# at boot.

In order to get to this sequence you have to hold # during the boot.

See my post at the beginning of the thread.

Sorry I had not read that.

Your only choice is wireshark to find find to which IP address wabt to download the configuration file, set up a TFPT server at that address and put the file there with the new SCCP load.

Thanks. I am working on that.

Well, it looks like the end the road for this phone.

I've tried to telnet into it and used the serial port, but they all ask for a password and default password cisco doesn't work there either.

Telnet is not useful even if you had the passwords.

All and any phone can be recovered with the method above, but it require some skills and experience.

What method?

wireshark, put tftp and config file at the address the phones wants.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: