cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom Soundstation 2W Multiple Outbound Line access/calls on UC520

johnconrick
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Polycom plugged into the FXS port on a UC520 and I am able to make and transfer calls to that extension fine.  How do I make multiple outbound calls to conference from the device itself?  There is a flash button and several different timings but I have not gotten any of them to function properly.

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Two problems have been identified with USER MODE analog FXS:

- the ability to initiating a hookflash is blocked by Voice Port CLI that needs to be removed.

- using basic FAC wont work until you configure it (missing step of default configuration so probably not configured in your system)

Hookflash Fix (works when conference is enabled on UC500 to allow adhoc 3 party conference).

Remove the CLI "Station ID Number" from the voice port CLI used for the User Mode FXS.

How: (find the voice port that is being used as a USER MODE phone (i.e. it has an ephone and ephone-dn and voice mail box).

voice-port 0/0/3
timeouts ringing infinity
station-id number 304

#conf t             
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
(config)#voice-port 0/0/3    
(config-voiceport)#no station-id number 304

(config)#shut    
(config)#no shut    
(config-voiceport)#end

# wr mem

#sh run | begin 0/0/3
voice-port 0/0/3

FAC FIX (CLI)

UC520-lab-1(config)#telephony-service 
UC520-lab-1(config-telephony)#fac ?   
  custom    Select customized feature access code
  standard  Select  standard feature access code
UC520-lab-1(config-telephony)#fac standard
fac standard is  set!

UC520-lab-1(config-telephony)#end

UC520-lab-1#show telephony-service  fac
  telephony-service fac standard
    callfwd all **1
    callfwd  cancel **2
    pickup local **3
    pickup group **4
    pickup direct  **5
    park **6
    dnd **7
    redial **8
    voicemail  **9
    ephone-hunt join *3
    ephone-hunt cancel #3
    ephone-hunt  hlog *4
    ephone-hunt hlog-phone *5
    trnsfvm  *6
    dpark-retrieval *0

UC520-lab-1# wr mem

View solution in original post

You are not doing a "shut" / "no shut" right? Doing so will re-add the command to the voice port configuration, making the problem show up again. This is also being fixed.

Marcos

You need to have the conference resources allocated for this to work.  An DN change for the FXS port will not make this work.

Edit:  Since this is an FXS port, you can only do a 3 way adhoc conference.  You can however join a meetme conference and have more participants.

20 Replies 20

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi John,

You can possibly hold a 3-party conference with analog phones - for this make sure that the UC 500 FXS pors are in the SCCP mode (enabled in this mode by default). Typical operation for 3-party conference call will include pressing the hookflash (or flash key) on your analog phone during a call, this should present the analog phone with a dial tone, dial the number that you wish to conference and then press hookflash again to connect all three parties.

If you are not getting a dialtone with the hookflash, then the hookflash timer may have to be adjusted to suit the             characteristics of the handset on the FXS port. FXS ports use the                 timing hookflash-in msec command where msec is the maximum value of a                 loop break (in milliseconds) from the telephone handset that is interpreted as                 a hookflash. A loop break greater than the configured value is regarded as a                 disconnect. If this is the issue that you have, I would recommend that you try a few values based on documentation from polycom on flash, or you could open a TAC service request for assistance.

HTH,

Saurabh

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

What was the result for you after this advise from the team here?

Interested to know if your working?

Steve

Two problems have been identified with USER MODE analog FXS:

- the ability to initiating a hookflash is blocked by Voice Port CLI that needs to be removed.

- using basic FAC wont work until you configure it (missing step of default configuration so probably not configured in your system)

Hookflash Fix (works when conference is enabled on UC500 to allow adhoc 3 party conference).

Remove the CLI "Station ID Number" from the voice port CLI used for the User Mode FXS.

How: (find the voice port that is being used as a USER MODE phone (i.e. it has an ephone and ephone-dn and voice mail box).

voice-port 0/0/3
station-id number 304

#conf t             
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
(config)#voice-port 0/0/3    
(config-voiceport)#no station-id number 304

(config)#shut    
(config)#no shut    
(config-voiceport)#end

# wr mem

#sh run | begin 0/0/3
voice-port 0/0/3

FAC FIX (CLI)

UC520-lab-1(config)#telephony-service 
UC520-lab-1(config-telephony)#fac ?   
  custom    Select customized feature access code
  standard  Select  standard feature access code
UC520-lab-1(config-telephony)#fac standard
fac standard is  set!

UC520-lab-1(config-telephony)#end

UC520-lab-1#show telephony-service  fac
  telephony-service fac standard
    callfwd all **1
    callfwd  cancel **2
    pickup local **3
    pickup group **4
    pickup direct  **5
    park **6
    dnd **7
    redial **8
    voicemail  **9
    ephone-hunt join *3
    ephone-hunt cancel #3
    ephone-hunt  hlog *4
    ephone-hunt hlog-phone *5
    trnsfvm  *6
    dpark-retrieval *0

UC520-lab-1# wr mem

Hi Steve

Thanks for the response, I removed the station-id from voice-port 0/0/0 and 0/0/1 (301 and 302) and I am still not able to flash to get second line or get FAC to work.  What am I missing?

You are not doing a "shut" / "no shut" right? Doing so will re-add the command to the voice port configuration, making the problem show up again. This is also being fixed.

Marcos

John,

The FAC requires the separate commands shown in this discussion thread.

But for hookflash, you have Conferencinjg enabled right, and the 301 and 302 are Ephones and Ephone DNs, correct (i.e. you built them in CCA as USER MODE and not FAX or COmmon Area Phones)?

This should then work.  Please check, and this is a UC520, right?

Steve

Thank you for all your help and work on this issue.  I had to add them as user phones and change the dn and ephones in CLI - I missed that the first time.

Here is the example of the ephone and dn for 0/0/1 (302)

ephone  2
device-security-mode none
mac-address 4C4C.8404.0001
ephone-template 16
max-calls-per-button 2
username "test2" password 1234
type anl
button  1:11

ephone-dn  11  dual-line
number 302 no-reg primary
label Frank Maddux Conf Room
description Frank Maddux Conf Room
call-forward busy 279
call-forward noan 279 timeout 30

voice-port 0/0/1
caller-id enable

I then changed the flash time on the polycom to 300msec and it worked for 3 party conference.  If I change the dn from dual-line to octo-line can I do an adhoc 9 party conference?

You need to have the conference resources allocated for this to work.  An DN change for the FXS port will not make this work.

Edit:  Since this is an FXS port, you can only do a 3 way adhoc conference.  You can however join a meetme conference and have more participants.

attached is a screenshot of the conference settings in cca - I assume this to mean I have 2 meetme bridges that can support 32 party each and 2 ad-hocs that can support up to 8 party each.  Are these the settings you were referring to?

I wanted to make sure you got my edit.  You can only do 3 way conferencing on an FXS port.  On regular phones, you can do more.  You can have an FXS port join meetme conferences as well.

got it - thank you.  Regular IP phones with dn set to dual-line can do 8 party adhocs with these settings though correct?

Correct.

thank you for your help

Hi, I have a UC560 and I'm having this exact identicle issue with a  Polycom connected to the FXS ports.  I tried everything that was  suggested, and doesn't seem to work.  Anyone have a good link to how to  configure this feature start to finish?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: