cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS 3.2 on Windows 2008 SP2

rmetro
Level 1
Level 1

We installed new copy of CiscoWorks LMS 3.2 on a Windows 2008 server.

Everything went well until we noticed the services would not start after reboot.

TAC informed us that we were running Service Pack 2 on Windows 2008 and that this was not supported and most likely causing the issue. TAC would not assist further until we go back to SP1 or onto Windows 2003 server.

Has anyone seen this issue and have a work around?

I have these processes below. When I try to start the Daemon manager, it just stops.

CiscoWorks ANI database engine: Manual

CiscoWorks Daemon Manager: Automatic

CiscoWorks RME NG database engine: Manual

CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine: Manual

CiscoWorks VisiBroker Smart Agent: Manual

CiscoWorks Web Server: Manual

CWCS Cmf database engine: Manual

CWCS rsh/rcp service: Automatic

CWCS syslog service: Automatic

CWCS tftp service: Automatic

DFM dfmEpm database engine: Manual

DFM dfmFh database engine: Manual

DFM dfmInv database engine: Manual

I was playing around and if I manually start the Tomcat and Web server services, the daemon manger can be started and then all the services are able to be started.

Has anyone else figured out anything else? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

lpiccioli
Level 1
Level 1

Yes...I had the exact same issues as you have had...Refer to my thread located under the heading ' LMS 3.2 new install on Windows 2008'. You will have to rollback SP2, ensure you have the PageFile settigns set correctly, (increase it to match your physical memeory size, ensure certain Registry edits exists, described int he thread above, and you should be good to go.

Good Luck!

Well, it is looking like what I am reading that we will have to reinstall the LMS 3.2 on Windows 2003 server. URGH. Our policy does not allow Windows 2008 with SP1. SP1 had so many bugs and hotfixes that to go back would not be an option. It stinks cause SP2 has been out for months and I wonder what the big difference is and why this can not be a quick hot fix on cisco's part.

Gets me mad to have to go back because this is a new install. I was hoping to not have to do a migration, but oh well.

Any other suggestions?

I managed to start CWSI tomcat and web server...and then start daemon manager and all the other processes start fine...go figure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: