cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor Desktop can't force CAD to log out

rbirkeland
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded to UCCX 7.0(1) and my supervisors are telling me that the door icon to force an agent to log off doesn't work properly. It does in fact log the agent off but it doesn't kick them out of the system.

Is this a configurable item or a new bug?

Thanks,

Rolf

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

It's working correctly. The Supervisor can log an agent out remotely. This does not cause the Cisco Agent Desktop application to terminate - so you will still see the agent in the team display as logged out. Only when the CAD Soft Phone is completely closed will this disappear.

More interesting is to call ShowLicenceUsage.exe from C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin and see that the logged out agent is still using a licence.

Does that seem correct to NetPro members?

Regards,

Geoff

Well that's interesting. My Supervisors say that the previous version allowed them to terminate the agent as well. How can I find out my license usage? I tried to run that program from Start>run and I just got a flash of a window then it closed.

Rolf

You have to run it from CMD. Open CMD and navigate to the folder where ShowLicenseUsage is located, then type ShowLicenseUsage.

Thank you.

I forget that some don't come from a command line background.

Regards,

Geoff

The license is still held after a forced log out.

I tested this by logging in as an agent and supervisor. Then I verified the licenses I held which was two. One for CAD and another for Supervisor. Then I forced my CAD to log out and I still had two licenses. Only when I closed CAD did the license get released.

This is independent of whether the agent logs out themselves, or is logged out by the supervisor. As long as that CAD app is running, it shows up as using a licence.

Do you think this is correct? Do you want a licence being used when the agent has logged out?

As far as I am concerned, Cisco claim that licencing is based on "concurrently logged in agents", and I think that's untrue.

Customers are paying for something they are not using. Imagine the following situation.

If a customer is right on the bubble with the number of licences they hold, and a new agent can't log in because the licences are exhausted and this situation has been caused by some agents logging out, but not closing CAD; and then as a CC manager, you have to walk around and find those stations and close CAD, you will be most annoyed.

Regards,

Geoff