cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

25+ CSQs assigned to a resource?

Telus844857
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone run into this issue? We just recently attempted adding a new CSQ to a clients IPCC 4.0 (they are looking to upgrade). After we assigned all the required skills to the resource and clicked 'update' we recieved a message:

CRS supports maximum 25 associated CSQ's per resource. This resource is associated with more than 25 CSQ's. Please adjust the configuration to avoid performance degredation."

This particular call-centre only has like 15-18 agents in it so will there be any significant degredation? Bearing in mind this is a medical help line so any degredation is bad.

Since I know the questions will come:

There are 22 physical sites, each site has its own DID, application, script and English/French skills & CSQs. During the day most calls are sent to approriate agents via hunt-group transfer. After-hours all callers are sent to the respective CSQ. The is one call-center where all its agents are associated with all the CSQs (make sense?). This was built before I got here. The purpose, I am told, is for reporting. They need to be able to track which area (which CSQ) each call came in through.

I would appreciate hearing if anyone has been through this configuration and what issues it caused, if any.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

You would probably get more responses by reposting this in the contact center forum as the question is IPCC Express specific.

The 25 CSQ limit is hardware dependent as detailed in Appendix A of the IPCC Express 4.0 SRND at the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_4_0/srnd/crs4.0srnd.pdf

I have never configured more CSQ's than officially supported for a particular server and so cannot advise whether it will cause a problem.

Given the relatively small number of agents (max supported is 75) in your deployment I would expect that the server is not too stressed at the moment but it would be a risk doing it particularly if the reporting information is vital.

The "official" answer would be to move the system to a 7845 type server which can support up to 75 CSQs.

However, this may not be possible as the correct servers for your release (MCS-7845H1-CC1 or MCS-7845I1-CC1) have been discontinued years ago.

If you do decide to repost in the Contact Center forum it would be worth stating which package (Standard, Enhanced, Premium) and server model you have.

View solution in original post

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Exceeding that limit would put you in an unsupported state. I believe /appadmin won't allow you to anyways.

Based the use case, I would ask the customer to identify what data they are looking at in the reports. I suspect you would be able to create a single application, skill, and CSQ for this. Then add a different JTAPI triggers to the application for each site. The historical reporting will allow you to see how many calls arrived for each trigger.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

You would probably get more responses by reposting this in the contact center forum as the question is IPCC Express specific.

The 25 CSQ limit is hardware dependent as detailed in Appendix A of the IPCC Express 4.0 SRND at the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_4_0/srnd/crs4.0srnd.pdf

I have never configured more CSQ's than officially supported for a particular server and so cannot advise whether it will cause a problem.

Given the relatively small number of agents (max supported is 75) in your deployment I would expect that the server is not too stressed at the moment but it would be a risk doing it particularly if the reporting information is vital.

The "official" answer would be to move the system to a 7845 type server which can support up to 75 CSQs.

However, this may not be possible as the correct servers for your release (MCS-7845H1-CC1 or MCS-7845I1-CC1) have been discontinued years ago.

If you do decide to repost in the Contact Center forum it would be worth stating which package (Standard, Enhanced, Premium) and server model you have.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Exceeding that limit would put you in an unsupported state. I believe /appadmin won't allow you to anyways.

Based the use case, I would ask the customer to identify what data they are looking at in the reports. I suspect you would be able to create a single application, skill, and CSQ for this. Then add a different JTAPI triggers to the application for each site. The historical reporting will allow you to see how many calls arrived for each trigger.