Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA 2.1 Errors When trying to upgrade to 7.1.3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Cisco Team,

I am having an unusual problem with my CCA 2.1 when trying to upgrade the system to 7.1.3, attached are the image snap shots and also the CCA logs.

NOTE: Dave Harper has looked at it and couldn't find a problem through his testing process, I have also downloaded the 7.1.3 pack now in total 9 times so I know the ZIP file is not corrupt as I can unzip it, I can read it and pretty do anything else with it.

This also hapen on more then one UC-500, all of them are either out of box, or reset to facotory defaults.

Please advise what is going wrong here, and what i need to do to resolve the problem, I have pretty much done everything I know or have learnt and nothing is working.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
5 Replies 5

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

I looked through the application logs, and noticed the output below:

++: DEBUG:  : Unable to get entries for zip file: G:\Cisco Related\UC520-7.1.3-ea.zip
++: DEBUG:  : IOException :error in opening zip file
++: DEBUG:  : CUC500PackageFile: this package contains no entries: G:\Cisco Related\UC520-7.1.3-ea.zip
++: DEBUG:  : Duration for [upd Device<--Mirror() @ com.cisco.cpnm.features.mcebu.cuc500.swupgrade.CUC500SoftwareUpgradeSettingsTask] = [9593] msec.
++: DEBUG:  : Unable to get entries for zip file: G:\Cisco Related\UC520-7.1.3-ea.zip
++: DEBUG:  : CUC500PackageFile: this package contains no entries: G:\Cisco Related\UC520-7.1.3-ea.zip
++: DEBUG:  : Duration for [upd Device<--Mirror() @ com.cisco.cpnm.features.mcebu.cuc500.swupgrade.CUC500SoftwareUpgradeSettingsTask] = [1341] msec.
++: DEBUG:  : Duration for [upd Device<--Mirror() @ com.cisco.cpnm.features.mcebu.cuc500.swupgrade.CUC500SoftwareUpgradeSettingsTask] = [1045] msec.

You mentioned you were able to open the .zip file without any problem. When you tried opening the file, was there any user input required? Wondering if there is a user privilege issue on your computer. I will run these logs by the engineering team to double check.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

I need to talk to development about this, but what type of drive is your G: drive?  When you extract the file, do you have enough room on that drive to do so?

Sorry, I accidently deleted David's reply :(

Timestamp: Oct 6, 2009 4:05 PM  in response to: Steven Smith

Hi Steven,

I need to talk to development about this, but what type of drive is your G: drive?  When you extract the file, do you have enough room on that drive to do so?

G Drive is just a partion of the primary drive, it is a 140GB Partition that i use for all Data, it has about 100GB free so yes there is plenty of room on the system/drive for the extraction.

What i have tried to do is, extract the folder into the appdata directory, this didnt help either.

I can verify that the ZIP file is not corrupt, i have downloaded it now over 10 times, 4 of them were from another system, and one of them was from a Linux box, all of them exibited the same issue.

Note: 7.1.1 Works without a problem, so do the other packs, it is just this pack in particular that causes problems.

(PS) Is there any reason when doing am upgrade of the system, you do not let us choose which Language file to update the system too? (This is in All mode) By not allowing this, it takes double time to update the system and work with it, cause i have to log back in and update the CUE to GB language to keep the Aussies happy, they dont know what Pound is :) they think it is the British Dollar symbol, not the # key.

Cheers,

David.

David,

Would you happen to know what version of software pack are you trying to upgrade from?

(PS) Is there any reason when doing am upgrade of the system, you do
not let us choose which Language file to update the system too? (This
is in All mode) By not allowing this, it takes double time to update
the system and work with it,

This enhancement is on the roadmap for CCA. I think the plan is to have it in by later this year or early next.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Hi Saverma,

Would you happen to know what version of software pack are you trying to upgrade from?

Yes: 7.1.1 (22YB)

Ok fair enough, i am doing the upgrading of the system now manually via CLI, it takes half the time to prepare the system that way and is making life easier, i will wait till i hear an update on this before i continue to use CCA it isjust too time consuming right now to continue to use it, in its present form it is not viable. But i thank you for letting me know that this is on the cards.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: