SPA9xx custom language files supported?

Unanswered Question

We want to create new language files for the spa942 / spa962 which are almost similair to the ones used at the SPA525G

is this just possible ? for some reason a SPA504G seems to revert back to English sometimes (can not confirm when this exactly happens, I just find the phone sometime in english instead of Dutch, after a reboot it reverts to Dutch again)

also a new SPA962 seemed to refuse to accept this custom-language file, I can not reproduce this as the unit refuses to reset to real factory defaults (see issue in

and what about the <trkAuthentication>5SCX-WG87-17HD-3S77-1SDX-HHLU-Z5H5-GU6Z</trkAuthentication> at the end of the language files? can we ignore it, do we have to remove the value of it, or can we generate it ourselves with some specific tool?

someone at linksys forum says it is possible since firmware 6.1.3 but I can not confirm this as there are no release notes for 6.1.3 see:

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alberto Montilla Thu, 10/08/2009 - 07:22

Dear Sir;

For security reasons, we dont allow custom dictionary files to be loaded on SPA9X2.

Alberto Montilla Tue, 10/13/2009 - 06:30

Dear Sir;

SPA500 supports same dictionaries as the SPA9XX. SPA525G uses a different dictionary. All of them are available on this community under firmware and tools (in IP Phones).

Custom files are not permitted as this open the door for possible missuse of the phone, in addition that would make support not possible/reliable. We try to ensure our dictionaries provides high quality. If not the case, we encourage you and any partner to submit suggestions to enhance the current translations.

This Discussion