Directory with restriction based on a subset of users (multiple companies)

Unanswered Question
Oct 6th, 2009

We would like to setup a proof of concept system based on UCM7.x and being able to share it with multiple entities like customers.

My concern in this topic is that I don't want a customer to be able to see the number of another one via the standard corporate directory service.

Is there any way to make a custom service based on "something" that the sending phone/profile can provide in order to limitate the search to the subset of the customer only, and not all the numbers configured?

I know that for extension mobility, the MAC address is sent as parameter but I don't know if it's possible to send something else?

Do you have any examples of such scripts to limitate the view to a subset only of the directory?

Thanks in advance

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)

The 2 "simple" informations you can obtain when you add a service on the phone are :

MAC Adress (#DEVICENAME#) and IP Adress.

You can also create a special service which is susbribe differently for each phone

Ie :

Phone A subscribe service Directory with url : http://IP/MyService?restriction=PhoneA

Phone B subscribe the SAME service Directory with url : http://IP/MyService?restriction=PhoneB

The only problem is that it could be long for the subscription

Please Rate this Post

cvanitterbeeck Wed, 10/07/2009 - 00:07

Do you have any example of the scripts that needs to be developped with special parameters as restrictions?

Interesting post, thanks !

I do not have example because it depends of lot of parameters :

. What kind of directory you want to reach (LDAP, SQL, ....)

. Is there a base which define the Rights and restrictions for the different profiles.

. ...

It is not very complicated to develop a service like this one, it depends on the language but all have the "get parameter / querry string" function.

Hope it helps.

Rate please

This Discussion