Views
Helpful
Replies

No ring tone from ATA186

Lee.Owen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been asked to configure an ATA 186 on our Call manager v6. I've managed to register it as a ATA SCCP device and I can make calls from it no problem but when I try to call it, it doesn't make a sound! If I pick up the phone though it answers fine. Any suggestions?

All help appreciated.

3 Replies 3

franciscofossa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Check your "calling" ephone config.

I don't remember if ATA186 support silent/beeping rings, wouldn't make sense. I know there is no way to inform the calling dn of the OTHER device characteristics.

I am new in the forum but an oldie in the business. Did you check your analog phone in a normal line, volume, etc...

Thanks franciscofossa

I know I'm being stupid here but what's an ephone config?

Well, you may have problems with the config of the extensions where the calls are being made to your ata.

ephone configs have the configuration of the particular phone you are calling to. Normally it is a line saying: button 3:7, where 3 is the line on the "calling" phone and 7 is the extension, maybe your ata. You have to check if ephone-dn correlate to the port where your ata is connected.

One problem you may address is that sometimes, in the extension where your ata is, could have been installed a phone not supposed to ring. In those cases, the config would say: button 3b7 or button 3s7, for example, being ":" a normal, ringing separator, and "b" just a beep, or "s" for silent!

You need to see your config for the ephones for this on your extensions. The web application doesn't change the calling stations, that may trail this configuration, it just install the new one.

If you are completely new to this, I advice you to search for at least a CCNAV who can help you with this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: