Helpful
Replies

Little problem with Cisco UC520

supportalliacom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have problem with my UC520 configuration :

- When I will configure the voicemail, CCA send error 'java.lang.NullPointerException'. In attachement the error message and the debug error.

- When I will configure the Basic ACD, CCA send  error Failed to upload scipts. In attachement the error message.

After,

- I don't know, how I can to mask my telephone number.

- I wish to know, if the Cisco IP Phone can be block with a password.

Thanks for your help.

Ludo

10 Replies 10

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ludo,

Do you have an FTP or a TFTP server running? One way to find that is by running "netstat -ab" from a DOS prompt. This is most probably the issue for BACD. Can you send the entire application log for voicemail configuration?

As for your question about hiding telephone number - do you want the phone number on the IP Phone to be hidden? You could define a label for numbers on an IP Phones - this can mask the extension by a name/tag.

HTH,

Saurabh

The problem with BACD is resolved. Thanks.

How recuperate the entire application log for voicemail configuration?

I would like that the receiver of my call cann't see my phone number.

Is it possible that this behaviour happen when I want? (for exemple, like with a cellular when you use a prefix befor the phone number).

Ludo

Right after you configure the voicemail section and as soon as you get the error message, go to the following location and find the latest application log -

You may want to sort by timestamp to get the most recent file:

C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoSMB\Cisco Configuration Assistant

Are you asking to hide the caller-id? Is it for outbound call or incoming call?

For outbound call, if this is connected through FXO, then the caller-id is controlled by CO (PSTN). You don't have control over the caller-id. If this is a DID setup (PRI or SIP), then you can hide the caller-id in certain ways.

If this is for incoming calls, you cannot control it for some calls, you can disable caller-id for all calls. Not sure if this is what you are asking for.

Thanks,

Saurabh

The real problem that I have is to access the voicemail section. I cann't configure any voicemail parameter.

The log I send you is when I try to access the section.

I hide the caller-id for the outbound call with the Cisco IP Phone connected on the LAN (not for FXO)

Thanks

ludo

Hi Ludo

The real problem that I have is to access the voicemail section. I cann't configure any voicemail parameter.

The log I send you is when I try to access the section.

You'd sent a snapshot of the application log. Can you send the complete log?

I hide the caller-id for the outbound call with the Cisco IP Phone connected on the LAN (not for FXO)

So looks like you have IP trunks (most probably SIP) for sending outbound calls. You could configure caller-id block codes, configurable through CCA, normally begins with an asterisk *

HTH,

Saurabh

supportalliacom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

For hiding my telephone number, it's ok. I have found.

Attached, you will find application log.

Thanks

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks Ludo,

I will run the applications logs by the engineering team and get back.

-Saurabh

Hi Ludo,

Can you delete "TrnsfVM" option from ephone-template 15 and 16? With this, CCA would be able to read the configuration from UC 500. Once CCA loads up the configuration, please delete the transfer to voicemail feature, click on Apply, and then re-enable this feature and click on Apply.

Let us know how things progress. Here are the two ephone-templates:

ephone-template  15
  softkeys idle  Redial Newcall Cfwdall Pickup Gpickup Dnd Login
  softkeys seized  Cfwdall Endcall Redial Pickup Gpickup Callback
  softkeys connected  Hold Endcall Trnsfer
TrnsfVM LiveRcd Confrn Acct Park
  button-layout 7931 2
!
!
ephone-template  16
  softkeys idle  Redial Newcall Cfwdall Pickup Gpickup Dnd Login
  softkeys seized  Cfwdall Endcall Redial Pickup Gpickup Callback
  softkeys connected  Hold Endcall Trnsfer
TrnsfVM LiveRcd Confrn Acct Park
!

Thanks,

Saurabh

supportalliacom
Level 1
Level 1

It's ok.

Thanks very much. I owe you a drink :)

I have now an other problem.

I want configure Cisco IP communicator on a computer.

After the Cisco IP Communicator installation, for the configuration, I must configure a tftp address, but I don't understand of which tftp server you're talking about.

I have a lot of problem for configure IP communicator with UC500.

Ludo

The tftp-server should be 10.1.1.1 by default.  It is the IP of the Voice VLAN on the UC500.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: