Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 powercycles

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm having a trouble with a 32user model. The UC powercycles from time to time. Any idea on how to start troubleshoot. I'm going to place a pc for logging with a syslog server.

Thanks,

Eivind

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

I think that's a good start. You could also look at the flash to see if there is any "crash info" file. I would suggest that you open a TAC SR to have an engineer look at it in detail.

Thanks,

Saurabh

View solution in original post

A powercycle is normally caused due to an exception in the Software, could also occur due to memory related issues, or because the platform wasn't able to handle the load (high CPU). Debugs won't be of much help until we know what's causing the failure. It would certainly not be helpful for CPU or memory related issues since these are more related to the processes that are running on the system and the memory allocation/de-allocation. If you were able to locate a crash-info file on the flash, I can look at it and provide some guidance. You could also look at the output of "show version" to see the last reload reason.

Thanks,
Saurabh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

I think that's a good start. You could also look at the flash to see if there is any "crash info" file. I would suggest that you open a TAC SR to have an engineer look at it in detail.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Do you have any recommendation on good debug commands I could use that could be related to the powercycle?!?!

Thanks,

Eivind

A powercycle is normally caused due to an exception in the Software, could also occur due to memory related issues, or because the platform wasn't able to handle the load (high CPU). Debugs won't be of much help until we know what's causing the failure. It would certainly not be helpful for CPU or memory related issues since these are more related to the processes that are running on the system and the memory allocation/de-allocation. If you were able to locate a crash-info file on the flash, I can look at it and provide some guidance. You could also look at the output of "show version" to see the last reload reason.

Thanks,
Saurabh

Thanks,

Good info...

Regards

Eivind

john
Level 1
Level 1

It could be due to load but also a power issue.  Be sure to have the UC connected to a UPS to rule out any power issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: