cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler help

nixon1234
Level 1
Level 1

We just set up greetings for all of our offices. Each one is a bit different but what happens is when someone calls in from outside and hears the message they have the option to leave a message in the general mailbox if they hold. So if you hold it replays the same greeting then lets you leave a message. SO it looks like it is using the same greeting for the general greeting and the general mailbox. Would I have to create a new call handler and record a greeting like "general mailbox" and have the main call handler send to that general mailbox call handler or is there some easier way? Confusing I know but I could use some help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if the box is checked to reprompt; that might be why you hear it twice. play with the check box, meaning uncheck it at a site and test.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

skravens0929
Level 1
Level 1

The way you described it 'sounds like the easy way'. Just create a front end call handler and have the call routing send it initially to the front end call handler and then just dump to the general mailbox. Do you currently have call handlers for each site?

yes, each site has its own call handler with its own mailbox.

Did you create a greeting for each office or just used the default greeting at each site?

yes, each office has its own greeting as well because they are slightly different.

OK. It sounds like it should work. You stated that you here the general mailbox greeting twice?

We hear the recorded greeting 2x, the second time it lets you leave a message.

So I think it plays the recorded greeting, then instead of something like "General Mailbox, please leave a message" It just plays the recorded greeting again.

At the general mailbox greeting page. You can click to use the system greeting instead of a recorded greeting. Also check your after greeting call handler selction is it take a message or send caller to? this would be on each sites caller handler greeting page.

So on the subscriber mailbox set to use system greeting, then point the call handler to it or to take message? it is currently set to send to subscriber /send to greeting for XXmailbox

Ok. I see so you sent it to a mailbox, that also has a recorded greeting. It is up to u, but that mailbox probably has a recorded greeting also and that is why you hear it twice. So, the call handler has the greeting and the sub mailbox has a recording. just modify at the mailbox, like sorry we could not answer please leave a message.

The mailbox did have a recording but it is not the same one as the call handler. I set it to use that mailbox message and they still hear the call handler 2x instead of call handler then mailbox.I must be overlooking something here

on the subscriber mailbox you just take the message. on the call handler you point to the sub mailbox. Also on the call handler, at the bottom of the greetings page is it set to reprompt 1 time?

on the subscriber mailbox you just take the message. on the call handler you point to the sub mailbox. Also on the call handler, at the bottom of the greetings page is it set to reprompt 1 time?

It is set to 1x

everything else is set exactly as you say.

if the box is checked to reprompt; that might be why you hear it twice. play with the check box, meaning uncheck it at a site and test.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: