cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to change the ip address on ACS.

nehakulsum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I am trying to configure/change the IP address of the ACS appliance through console port but the problem is that it is not allowing me to do when it is up and running hence i restarted it and went to bios diagnostic msgs after ACS boots up my console is not responding to anything. Kindly let me know do i need to follow any other procedure or is it issue with the hardware.

My ACS version 4.2.0.124..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Neha

8 Replies 8

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Neha,

You can try reloading it again and see if it give console access. Is it ACS1113? If it is then I would suggest to open a TAC case as there are some known boot up issues in 1113. If required, TAC will replace it with the new one.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Hi Jagdish,

Yes it is Cisco ACS Appliance 1113.

Regards,

Neha

HI Neha,

Please try to reload it and see if you get a console access. If we are not able to get a console access via serial then you can try two options,

1) Open a TAC case and get it replaced (Recommended)

2) Try to reimage it as suggested by JK.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Neha,

This is only right way to change the ACS SE ip address.

Did you use the "Set ip" Command from the console connection. If not then please use this connection from the serial/console connection

set ip

Reconfiguring the Solution Engine IP Address

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.2/installation/guide/solution_engine/admap.html#wp1109621

If it's not booting/responding then you have to reimage the solution engine with 4.2 recovery CD.

HTH

JK

Plz rate helpful posts.

~Jatin

Hi,

The appliance is not accessible via the console port. Console port is not responding so Do you recommend to re-image? As I am able to access the ACS via web intrfce and it is processing the request. Only thing is it does not repond on the console port - no prmpt or cmds to type it over there.

I rebooted the appliance , the device boots ups properly but does not display anything on the console .

So will re-imaging the device will solve this issue or its an hardware issue?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Neha

ansalaza
Level 1
Level 1

To change the IP address with "set ip", please make sure that the Server is connect to the Network using the bottom NIC.

For the Console...leave it connected for a while (try 10-15 minutes); you should get the logon prompt on the Terminal using these settings:

•Baud = 115200

•Databits = 8

•Parity = N

•Stops = 1

•Flow control = None

Hi Neha,

If you can access it via HTTP then I think you look the hyperterminal settings one more time. Most of the times we miss baud rate. Please ensure that we have

•Baud = 115200

If this is what you already have then reimage is the only option.

HTH

JK

Plz rate helpful post.

~Jatin

ansalaza
Level 1
Level 1

Console port should be responding:

What Terminal Software are you using?

Try Putty, HiperTerminal, Secure CRT:

Keep the console connected while reboot and leave connected for sometime (try 10-15 minutes)

On the PC:

Cisco DB9 to RJ45 Console Cable

http://www.sysvox.com/images/72-3383-01.jpg

On the Server:

http://www.pacificcable.com/photos/CAB-9AS-FDTE.jpg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: