Agents appearing/disapperaing in CSD

wjrobbenjr
Level 1
Level 1

CUCCX 7.0(1)SR3 PRE

CAD 6.6(1) PRE

CSD 6.6.1.200 PRE

CUCM 7.1.2.20000-2

We are experiencing an issue where agents will appear, and disappear in the CSD. The agents are logged in, and experience no change in state at the CAD.

This is not confined to specific agents, and will vary by day.

4 Replies 4

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

I've seen a similar issue, but it was narrowed down to just a few agents and the problem was exactly how you described. The solution was a reinstall of the CAD on the agents machine and it corrected the problem for me.

tim.moomaw
Level 1
Level 1

This is a fairly common issue from reading the forums. Make sure that the CAD agent isn't on the desktop image, if using one. Also, make sure of the following:

Perform the following tests:

From server to agent: telnet 59020

From server to supervisor: telnet 59021

From agent to server: telnet 59000

From supervisor to server: telnet 59000

None of those connections should fail. If they do you will need to correct that issue.

Ensure also the following:

Windows Firewall (or any other firewall) isn't blocking anything

I had a similiar issue with username in uppercase while their logon was in lowercase....which amazingly was causing this issue. A directory syncronization led me to that issue as the sync was erroring out on that particuliar user for me.

Oh...and make sure the supervisor agent and CAD agent are same versions...

We had this exact same issue but only affecting our Citrix users. After we ran the postinstall.exe on the citrix servers the problem went away.

I have a variation of this issue on UCCX 7.0(1)SR4. What I am getting is agent.exe is "dying" and a new one starts (i.e. can see two or more agent.exe's in Windows Task Manager and running netstat -a in a command window shows the ports (sockets as they are sometimes called) in CLOSE_WAIT. See bug CSCtd07195 (which is for UCCE 7.5). It is with the CAD developers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: