Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring DID for MGCP and H323

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need some assistance in configuring the DID for a system.

I have been doing some research and all documentation from cisco have shown that certain dial peers need to be configured Now what they have not mentioned is if it is MGCP or H323. Can anyone give a brief idea of how each is confiured?

I think the dial peer configs are for the H323 and call manager translation patterns are for MGCP.

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

That's correct.

H323 is a peer to peer protocol just like SIP. You configure dial peers(pots/voip) for new DIDs and forward the number of digits you want to the callmanager. On the Callmanager you can play with those digits (significant digits, translation pattern..etc) to route the call the way you want.

MGCP is a master/slave protocol. CUCM being the Master agent. You configure translation pattern for new DID OR if your Phones DN matches the last digits of your DID, you use "significant digits" on the gateway config page (4 would mean the last 4 digits will be forwarded to the CUCM which will route the call directly to your phones, without the need of translation pattern).

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: