Views
Helpful
Replies

WDS to WLC and FSR

serotonin888
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking at migrating an (inherited) small (11 AP) wireless network from WDS to LWAPP with a WLC. They have Avaya wireless phones and are using WPA-PSK for the Voice wlan.

I am concerned that if we move them to a WLC they will not benefit from the Fast Scure Roaming provided by WDS. From reading some of the documentation it seems that CCKM & PKC can be used with a WLC to provide FSR. However, this seems to require that the Client support these extensions. Whereas with WDS there seems to be no stipulation that the client needs to support these extensions.

Would someone be able to clairfy the above points?

Many Tahnks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

The client had to support the extensions with WDS too. CCKM only works with CCX extensions.

To your main question, yes fast secure roaming works fine with the controllers. Just configure your security the same as you have it with the autonomous.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

The client had to support the extensions with WDS too. CCKM only works with CCX extensions.

To your main question, yes fast secure roaming works fine with the controllers. Just configure your security the same as you have it with the autonomous.

I didnt know that

Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: