Configuring Multiple Outbound calling paths

Answered Question

I am running a single CME 4.1 with two-4 port FXO cards and integrated CUE. These 8 FXO ports are comnnected to the PSTN. The 8 lines are grouped into two sets of 4 lines and are inbound hunted by the telco. One group of lines rings inbound to one CUE auto attendant and the 2nd group rings to a second CUE auto attendant. We are trying to present as two seperate companies and that seems to work fine. What I need now is determine the best way to have one set of employees(certain phones/extensions) when dialing outbound use only their 4 assigned POTS lines and the the 2nd group of employees use their assigned lines. The problem I have is that the first company was already setup and system wide have dial-peers and patterns to use the first 4 lines. With the existing config the new company employees will use original companies POTS lines. I guess I should have mentioned that the reason for doing this is far the accounting of long distance. I have been looking at information on COR, trunk groups and using preferences but it is not clear to me what options I have and what is the best approach to use. Many examples I have seen are much more complex than mine and therefore much more confusing.

Correct Answer by jbouwkamp about 7 years 7 months ago

COR makes the most sense to me in this scenario. If you apply incoming ephone and outgoing dial-peer cor lists you can restrict calls originating from ip phones to only match on dial-peers pointing to the correct FXO ports:

dial-peer cor custom

name CompanyA

name CompanyB

dial-peer cor list CompanyA

member CompanyA

dial-peer cor list CompanyB

member CompanyB

Apply the CompanyA cor list inbound on your phones for Company A and outbound on your dial-peers for Company A. Apply the CompanyB cor list inbound on your phones for Company B and outbound on your dial-peers for Company B.

for company A:

ephone-dn 1 dual

cor incoming CompanyA

dial-peer voice XX pots

corlist outgoing CompanyA

For company B:

ephone-dn 2 dual

cor incoming CompanyB

dial-peer voice XX pots

corlist outgoing CompanyB

That is off the top of my head so check Cisco's COR docs for exact syntax.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
jbouwkamp Wed, 10/07/2009 - 12:19
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

COR makes the most sense to me in this scenario. If you apply incoming ephone and outgoing dial-peer cor lists you can restrict calls originating from ip phones to only match on dial-peers pointing to the correct FXO ports:

dial-peer cor custom

name CompanyA

name CompanyB

dial-peer cor list CompanyA

member CompanyA

dial-peer cor list CompanyB

member CompanyB

Apply the CompanyA cor list inbound on your phones for Company A and outbound on your dial-peers for Company A. Apply the CompanyB cor list inbound on your phones for Company B and outbound on your dial-peers for Company B.

for company A:

ephone-dn 1 dual

cor incoming CompanyA

dial-peer voice XX pots

corlist outgoing CompanyA

For company B:

ephone-dn 2 dual

cor incoming CompanyB

dial-peer voice XX pots

corlist outgoing CompanyB

That is off the top of my head so check Cisco's COR docs for exact syntax.

Brandon Buffin Thu, 10/08/2009 - 04:11
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

This config can be used for a group of ports.

Brandon

jbouwkamp Thu, 10/08/2009 - 04:26
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Yes, just use the same cor outgoing command under each dial-peer you want the phone to be able to access.

Actions

This Discussion