cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay (more than 10 seconds) when dialing an internal extension

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

We have ext. 9145 and It delayed more than 10 seconds when we dialed internally from and internal phone. It is connected normally when it dialed from external number.

We had few 9xxx DID. But this is the only one that having issue since this is the only one that has 91XX. Other exts are 93XX, 95XX, 97XX.

I am thinking that it has a conflict with 911 route pattern but seems to just have happening recently.

I also created a test ext. 9140 and i got the same delay.

Any inputs,

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most probably overlapping DNs, check your route plan report for possible matches or use DNA

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

In the route plan report, ext. 9145 is only assigned to one phone.

so seems this is happing to 91XX not just 9145 since i created 9140 and also doing the same behavior.

For testing, I created a translation pattern for ext. 9145 to ring to ext. 1777 which is built in a phone and it rings normally without a delay.

OK, but usually what you're looking for is not the exact DN (way too easy don't you think?).

It's something with wildcards that you have configured in your dial plan

TP have by default the urgent priority checkbox so your test really doesn't prove anything other than the TP works as expected. If you uncheck it, you'll have the same behavior.

HTH

java

HTH

java