Views
Helpful
Replies

7921 wich firmware versions are these?

etmarcof
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have seen these firmware versions in some of my 7921 iphones (trough web GUI or ip phone menu):

System Load ID CP7921G-MFG-C.2.LOADS

System Load ID CP7921G-MFG-A.7.LOADS

What firmware version are?

Best Regards,

MC

20 Replies 20

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes those are manufacturing loads that are loaded at the factory.

These should only be temporary loads and should upgrdae to the official CCO images. Our latest image is 1.3(3).

The C.2 load equates to the 1.2(1) release and the A.7 load equates to 1.0(5), which are older releases.

Newer firmware can be downloaded @ http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser-crypto.

Is there any Cisco doc which shows which MFG load maps to which official CCO image?

TIA

No there is not, but I just informed you what those 2 mfg loads map to.

Hi,

I have CP7921G-MFG-D.3.LOADS. What does that map to?

When these phones are fired up out of the box - they attempt to upgrade firmware and fail with the Firmware Update Failed error message. We run a device default version CP7921G-1.1.1.

Even when we manually configure the Phone Load for this phone to CP7921G-1.3.2 - the lastest we have installed on our Call Managers - the phone attempt to upgrade phone load and fails with the same error message.

This is occuring to all the new phones we have received.

D.3 - D.5 map to the 1.3(3) build cycle.

You will want to update to the 1.3(3) release.

The download from 1.3(3) or compatible mfg loads to earlier versions are permitted.

This is documented in the 1.3(3) release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7925g/firmware/1_3_3/english/release/notes/792x_133.html#wp235256

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7925g/firmware/1_3_3/english/release/notes/792x_133.html#wp231406

Hi,

Do you know wich version is

CP7921G-MFG.D.7.LOADS.?

Thanks

Best Regards

MC

We are experiencing the same thing now as well - our recent shipments include CP7921G-MFG-D.5.LOADS.

Firmware Update Failed errors either via connection wirelessly to CM or via USB connector.

The previous message from migilles seems to suggest that the phone should be able to downrev to a load version lower than what it was delivered with. Yet - we could not get that to work. I had to install and install the CP7921G-1.3.3 onto all of our call managers - and then promptly revert our device default back to our older load version. And then manually configure each of the new phones to the CP7921G-1.3.3 load and then they boot with no errors.

Good luck.

Amir

Thanks for the response. We did install CP7921G-1.3.3 onto all CMs - and reverted device default back as you suggested. Still getting firmware update failed messages. Working with TAC.

Reverting the device default was only to prevent all of your phones from downloading the 1.3.3 code. Then you have to manually go into the Call Manager configuration for each new 7921 and add the specific phone load 1.3.3 so that the new phone will download that load. That worked for us and I would be curious to know why it isn't working for you.

If you are running 1.3(3) or an equivalent mfg firmware, then the downgrade to previous images is prohibited.

See my previous posts for this topic.

Okay ... so if 1.3.3 is prohibited from being downgraded to a previous release --- what are our options?

Are they any to utilize a previous firmware with the newly received phones we've received as they appear dedicated to 1.3.3?

You can call TAC to get the interim build if it is really necessary to downgrade from 1.3(3) to a previous release.

But we recommend to use 1.3(3) at this time.

Hello

We have the same problem. 7921 has D.5

CCM has instaled and configured image 1.3.3 but upgrade fails.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: