Replies

LMS DFM

georgeef1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to configure DFM at a more granular level. Here are a few

Examples:

- If a router goes down I do not need a barage of notifications that the switches are

unreachable as well at the same site.

- I am currently receiving multiple emails for a single device in a period of minutes.

(Only need One email notification for up and One email notification for back online.) I am

not getting a notification that the system reachabillity has been reestablished.

- I would like to set a threshhold on how long a device is unreacheable before a notification is sent out.

-Thankd

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM is a device fault management application. It doesn't do any network-level correlation. Therefore, the ability to digest a router going down into a site event is not possible.

It sounds to me like your Notification Group could use some work. Make sure you have not checked any of the boxes under Alerts in your Notification Group. Only check the Event boxes. This will limit your notifications to the atomic events (with all the juicy details) when they become active, and when they clear.

Configuring a threshold for reachability is not really possible. You can adjust the polling interval and the SNMP timeouts, but as soon as DFM cannot ping or poll the device, it's considered down. These settings can be adjusted under DFM > Configuring > Polling and Thresholds > Polling Parameters.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: