Any setting to make download speed slower

Unanswered Question
Oct 7th, 2009

Cisco Router: 1811

IOS: 12.4(6)T11

We recently got a new Internet service (5M/5M) and new router. One of our workstation needs to download big files everyday, but he realized that the download speed is slow being compared to the previous provider (ADSL 12M/768K).

Bandwidth on the new service is obviously narrow than before, but his download speed is always 20K - 80K/sec. It was around 100K - 200K before.

Because speed test always shows good number, I am wondering if there is anything to block or to make the download speed slower in my router setting.

I have not done anything special - Firewall is Low.

Because I do not know about detailed configuration, there might be a setting to restrict the usage of bandwidth, but I just cannot find such a thing in SDM.

One thing I am curious about is SDM_LOW in Inspect Rule under Association. Vlan1 is default and Vlan2 is what I made. Vlan1 has <none> for inbound and outbound, but Vlan2 has SDM_LOW in Inbound. I just ran the wizard, and I did not edit anything there. Because this user belongs to Vlan2, I am wondering if I can remove SDM_Low (inboud) from Vlan2 without any risk.

Or, is there any factor that can cause a slow download speed despite enough bandwidth?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you very much.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion