cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7914 not recognized after upgrade to 6.1(4a)

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

Upgraded 6.0(1) to 6.1(4a). After the upgrade the receptionist phone that has two 7914 sidecars does not recognize the sidecars. If you look at the device page it does not show the FW load of the 7914. I have tried to upgrade the FW but it will not upgrade. I have also tried to upgrade the 7960 and it will not upgrade either. There are other phones with 7914 sidecars in the system that have upgraded. Any ideas?

Please rate if this helps.
3 Replies 3

Hi Von,

Kindly check if you are rtying to add a new device for your devices,

You may n't have the required device type in the given list

If so, you'll need to an upgrade with a device pak to give your cucm version the ability to support these device types

wish this be helpful

mrahman0302
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Von,

If the firmware is not upgraded you can try to restart the TFTP service under serviceability option. Also you can try to create new phone template for the reception phone type and configure the 7914 on the module option then use the new created phone button template on the reception phone. If that helps please rate it.

I have tried restarting the TFTP. I have also tried re-creating the phone. However, I have not attempted a new phone button template. I'll give that a try.

Please rate if this helps.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: