cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

port list is not populated when the site Icon is selected

alukes
Level 1
Level 1

when using visualization and I click on the site VTP domain name, I don't see anything in the port list, however I do get device Icons underneath the site VTP domain name on the left side of the screen.

I would like to get all devices in the port list so I can find which ports have a particular VLAN associated with it.

I used to be able to get all devices for a site in the list when I selected the site Icon.

All switches at the site are in transparent mode. Does that make a difference? Is there another way to locate all ports with a given VLAN?

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager is this?

I haven't seen a screenshot of your problem, but I think I know what you're seeing, and I cannot reproduce on 5.1.3. When I click on the VTP domain folder for my core VTP domain, I see a full port list in the right-hand frame. I recommend you go to Common Services > Software Center > Software Update, and download the 5.1.3 update.

I upgraded to 5.1.3. now under functional view, I don't see the CM portal although I do see CM on the menu bar on top. When I go to CM by selecting CM on the menu bar I see best practices, disprepencies, Nhop, user tracking info and device discovery info, but nothing about visualization, report generation, etc.

I tried restoreportal.pl with no luck.

When I upgraded, there were error messages that some locks were still locked. I hit reset a few times which was supposed to clear the locks, but that didn't clear the problem, so after waiting about ten minutes, I manually shut down CW and restarted.

RME displays errors when showing status after waiting 15 minutes after a reboot.

It can take up to 30 minutes after Daemon Manager is restarted for everything to fully initialize. If, after the pdshow command returns a list of daemon states, you still see these errors, post the pdshow output.

It sounds like the installation did not complete successfully. The Campus Manager application is not registered with CMIC. You can do this manually by going to Common Services > Server > Homepage Admin > Application Registration, and register the Campus Manager application from its template.

I left for about an hour and came back to run the pdshow, which is attached.

The application registration page doesn't show campus manager.

Two problems. One is it sounds like the Campus Manager upgrade outright failed. Set the Daemon Manager service to Manual, then reboot, and try to reinstall the 5.1.3 update again.

Next, there is a problem with the RME database engine. With Daemon Manager shutdown, delete NMSROOT/databases/rmeng/rmeng.log (if it exists), then run:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv10 -f NMSROOT\databases\rmeng\rmeng.db

If that completes successfully, the database should start upon next Daemon Manager start.

Once both things are done, set the Daemon Manager service back to Automatic, and reboot again.

I did both things. RME came back and worked. CM works as before with the port summary populated for a single switch, but not when the site Icon is selected.

We are now running CM 5.1.3

I am on vacation next week, so we can put this conversation on hold and I will get back to you, or you can close it if that works better for you.

Thanks

Post a screenshot illustrating your problem. Based on your description, I am not seeing any issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: