Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to configure SQL replication for Cisco Unity Failover

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The failover config ran fine on the Primary server. When I run it on the Secondary server I get the error

Configure Cisco Unity Failover Wizard -[0x80044833]

Failed to Configure SQL replication for Cisco Unity Failover

Unity is configured on the same drives on both servers, permission wizzard run on both servers, CSA Disabled, accounts have the right permissions. Have deleted local in SQL Enterprise and created new entries with the server name.

What do I have to do to make this work. Running Unity 7.0.

driving me nuts...i am no SQL Expert. Have followed the documentation for failover exactly and stuck on this issue

HELP

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paul,

In Commserver\Logs there will be a log written for the Failover Config Wizard. Open that up and see what it's saying.

Brad

Hi,

I see the logs, it does have a whole bunch of data. what should i be looking for pertaining to sql replication failure?

. I might have given myself this headache though. Our licenses for Unity have not arrived and I was just preparing the servers. I beleive i do need the failover license before runing this FO Wizard. Right now I am running both servers on default license. Will this be the reason for the sql replication failure, or should I be able to complete failover with default license. I think i know the answer already, but just want to be certain

Thanks

Paul,

You would still need to run FCW again once you have the right license file.

The SQL replication failure requires looking at the logs under ..\commserver\logs\*.*. The latest 4-5 files should give you some hint.

OsqlDump*.*

diag_FailoverConfig*.*

ok thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: