I have read your forum and Google searches - and cannot seem to get my firmware to upgrade to the current version.
Software Version: 3.3.6
Hardware Version 1.2.5(a) (physical hardware has LEDs on Front - so it IS version 2).
I have downloaded the latest Wizard 2-1-0-0 - when doing Firmware upgrade this is what happens:
- Go to Firmware Upgrade
- Message pops up - Do you have a SPA400 in the network that you plan to use? - NO
- Message pops up - Failed to retrieve the device information. Please check your network connection or device type! - OK
- Device - Select a device --> SPA9000 <IP> --> Next
- Message pops up --- Retreiving latest ...
- Firmware Upgrade:
Load this device firmware (file path is correct)
Device Type: SPA9000 v2
Firmware Version: 6.1.5
- Message pops up:
SPA9000 <IP> is going to be updated.
Old version: 3.3.6
New version: 6.1.5
- Message pops up - Sending upgrade request to device <IP>. Please wait ...
- Message pops up - Failed to upgrade the device.
Please check your network connection or device type!
- (My SPA962 restarts)
I downloaded the firware spa9000t-6-1-5 and this is what happens:
- execute upg-spa9000t-6-1-5.exe
- Message pops up - WARNING - blah blah - Click CONTINUE
- Enter IP address - Click OK
- Message pops up - Upgrade fails - no response from SPA
OK so, this is what else I have tried:
- Plugging laptop into LAN port of SPA9000 and running wizard - NO CHANGE (errors exactly as above)
- unplugging the SPA400 on the LAN (and power) - NO CHANGE (errors exactly as above)
I am using Windows Vista. (yes poor me)
So please, can anyone offer me some help? I really don't want to do a factory reset! It takes ages to put all the configuration settings in! (unless there is a backup configuration utility?)