Views
Helpful
Replies

Mitel 3000 and UCCE

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys,

im not at all familiar with mitel technical configs and we have a customer that is requesting a design to include a Cisco UCCE into their mitel network.

first off, im not sure it can be done since ive done a couple of searches and came up enpty handed.

second, if it can, could you guys be so kind as to point me in the correct direction.

third, if it can be done, and they require geographic dispersion how would this work from a mitel standpoint. im thinking it would not be able to since each location registers to a different system (like mutliple call manager express systems and having trunks to communicate with each other right?)

thanks for any responses and my apologies if it seems as a far out question :) - dont want to say no it cant be done without knowning for sure of course.

thanks once again

7 Replies 7

jimbrittcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I assume you mean call center enterprise. If so, the first thing to know is the way UCCE integrations work is via the Cisco Peripheral gateway (PG). In order to know if a vendor, like Mitel, can be integrated with the Cisco platform you need to find out if Cisco has a PG for it. They probably do for Mitel.

Second, understand a key difference among terms. UCCE in Mitel network and ICM in mitel network can be two different things entirely.

It sounds like your hinting at how to front end ICM or CVP with the back end being Mitel's based on your descriptions. That's doable, but beyond the scope of a forum like this, so look at the cisco documentation for PG's and then look at the docs for ICM without Call Manager.

thats a great answer. I only had a brief discussion this morning and the above is what i gathered.

they have the mitel 3000 and they want to have the Cisco Contact Centre. They want to acheieve this http://www.crm2day.com/content/t6_librarynews_1.php?news_id=113550 but again with a cisco contact centre.

This one is a little beyond my capabilites at this time but know i have a running start.

thanks again and going to start looking into the documentation.

P.S. id probably tell them, we will buy back the mitel and go straight cisco :)

Oh, you dont by chance have a link to PG so i can do a little reading up?

Well, if they will have only about 100 agents or so, then go with IPCC express(UCCX).. Very unlikely you can cleanly integrate UCCX with Mitel.

My take on this is you don't want two different vendors here. Make them choose one or the other but not both. Good Luck.

It's no secret which switches are supported. Mitel is not on that list. (7/8/09)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/acd_supplements/icmacdmx.pdf

Regards,

Geoff

guys,

its only about 30 agents as a pilot but they are looking at islandwide if it works.

from what i understand but looking at this objectively, id probably try and recommend a change (if that is possible). from a techical standpoint it would be great to get this going though.

Geoff, i suppose that answers the PG question :). thanks for the response

If you were looking at a UCCX solution, which ONLY integrates to CUCM as the switch, it means the Mitel has to be decommissioned. Although only 30 agents are in the Call Center, losing the Mitel means all non-agent phones hanging off the Mitel are going to be migrated to Cisco VoIP.

Can you provide that number?

How old is the Mitel? Leased or owned? Is there any chance of going in this direction - it's all or nothing.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

thats what i was thinking, its all or nothing, but i needed verification that i didnt miss some great Cisco product that did this sort of thing :)

thanks a lot guys for the quick responses on this