IP communicator one way audio to local extensions

Unanswered Question
Oct 8th, 2009

I recently installed the IP communicator on a laptop with the UC520 system.  I have set the TFTP server ip address as the UC520 address which is 192.168.16.1 on the local network.

The phone has identified itself to the UC520, can place and recieve calls as well.  My challenge is this, if I call to a local extension (201,202 etc) I can hear the other person, and I can hear my voice coming through my headset as well, but the other person can not hear me.

On calls place to an outside phone number, phone operates correctly, 2 way audio, also, when receiving calls from an outside number, 2 way audio.  Only calls to and from local extensions mute my voice.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven Smith Thu, 10/08/2009 - 08:51

This sounds like an ACL issue.  Could you post your config?  Are you doing this over a VPN?

Be sure to remove passwords.

christopher.lano Thu, 10/08/2009 - 09:05

The laptop is currently connected to the LAN for initial setup, but will eventually connect via SR520 vpn connection.  Devices have been configured with the CCA software.  How do I access / find the config file you are looking for?

christopher.lano Thu, 10/08/2009 - 11:24

I am plugged directly into the uc520 with the laptop.  In regards to passwords, i believe all the phones have passwords set with cme, however calls between the hard phones work fine, it is only the softphone dialing into the local hardphone extensions giving me toruble

christopher.lano Thu, 10/08/2009 - 14:15

attempted to generate log, said it could generate troubleshooting log, how ever, a file was created.  not sure if it is a partial config file and it just exceeded the notebook capacity or what.

On a side note, I closed the application, and shut down the commmunicator process from the task manager.  Restarted the application, and still had the same problem.

Removed the pc from the network, rebooted it, and reconnected to network.  Audio is now working correctly.  Sorry for the trouble as this is the first time configuring a softphone device.

Seeing as the problem resolved itself I have not included the partial config log.

Thanks

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted October 8, 2009 at 8:48 AM
Stats:
Replies:7 Avg. Rating:
Views:1932 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard