save non active device config archive.

Answered Question
Oct 8th, 2009

what's the best way to keep old device config archive? what I am saying by that, we have old device no longer in use and I want remove them from LMS but the same time I can't to keep their archive for rainy days. if I deleted from RME,CM the archive will lost if I keep them LMS try to archive them or get inventory so on. either any way?

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 7 years 2 months ago

Just backup the shadow entry for that device to an offline location. The shadow config is the latest config archive for a device, and is found under NMSROOT/files/rme/dcma/shadow on Windows and /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow on Solaris. Alternatively, you can Suspend this device in RME, and exclude it from management in Campus Manager. A suspended device in RME will be retained in the database, but RME will not attempt management operations for it.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Thu, 10/08/2009 - 09:33

Just backup the shadow entry for that device to an offline location. The shadow config is the latest config archive for a device, and is found under NMSROOT/files/rme/dcma/shadow on Windows and /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow on Solaris. Alternatively, you can Suspend this device in RME, and exclude it from management in Campus Manager. A suspended device in RME will be retained in the database, but RME will not attempt management operations for it.

Actions

This Discussion