cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

save non active device config archive.

raindrop18
Level 1
Level 1

what's the best way to keep old device config archive? what I am saying by that, we have old device no longer in use and I want remove them from LMS but the same time I can't to keep their archive for rainy days. if I deleted from RME,CM the archive will lost if I keep them LMS try to archive them or get inventory so on. either any way?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just backup the shadow entry for that device to an offline location. The shadow config is the latest config archive for a device, and is found under NMSROOT/files/rme/dcma/shadow on Windows and /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow on Solaris. Alternatively, you can Suspend this device in RME, and exclude it from management in Campus Manager. A suspended device in RME will be retained in the database, but RME will not attempt management operations for it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just backup the shadow entry for that device to an offline location. The shadow config is the latest config archive for a device, and is found under NMSROOT/files/rme/dcma/shadow on Windows and /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow on Solaris. Alternatively, you can Suspend this device in RME, and exclude it from management in Campus Manager. A suspended device in RME will be retained in the database, but RME will not attempt management operations for it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: