cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal error in communication channel

jbautistkis
Level 1
Level 1

The error is a result of attempting to update the Default Device Credentials in Ciscoworks LMS v3.2. Should I proceed to open a TAC case?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The hostname in NMSROOT/lib/classpath/md.properties, NMSROOT/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml, and the output of the hostname command must all match (case is not important).

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Per article, it pertains to a multiserver & certificate set-up, thus,neither are applicable to the set up on our server. FYI....we recently upgrade to v3.2 from v3.01 a few weeks ago.

The issues with hostname and anti-virus on-access scanning are valid either in a single-server setup.

ok, I'll take a look at anti-virus, however, what about the hostname? Because the hostname on the server has not changed. Unless, the upgrade may have modified the hostname. Would that be possible? Is there somewhere in CSCOpx that I can verify the hostname?

The hostname in NMSROOT/lib/classpath/md.properties, NMSROOT/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml, and the output of the hostname command must all match (case is not important).

I have the same problem on all my LMS-installations.

One is a multi-server-installation, the others are single-server.

All installations are LMS 3.2

I get this error sometimes and after restart of all processes it works for a random time.

I checked the hostname and they are all right.

Anti-virus is not installed on the servers.

Which logfiles are important for that problem?

Thanks a lot!

Please start a new thread for your issue.

I think DEP may be causing this too. (Windows Data Execution Prevention)

You can view the DEP configuration for your computer in System in Control Panel.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.

2. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Performance, click Settings.

3. In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Data Execution Prevention tab.

DEP is a known problem, but I haven't seen it cause this. It is recommended one turn on DEP only for critical Windows processes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco