cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Holiday Error

Marco Villani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,my script doesn't recognize holidays, i created a XML file with the dates a holiday script and the main script pointing to the holiday script , when i check with the reactive debug he checks the holiday and it goes to the open menu. any suggestion?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try these. Make sure to put the dates.xml file in the document repository, and not in the wfavvid folder.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

SAN J
Level 2
Level 2

Does the date on the xml file match up exactly (format-wise) with today's date that you're comparing with? Use the debug to compare today's date with the xml date.

thank you for the reply,that is how it looks like. and the XML file its saved on the wfavid folder.

1/1/2009

1/19/2009

2/16/2009

5/25/2009

7/3/2009

9/7/2009

10/08/2009

11/11/2009

11/26/2009

12/25/2009

I take it you're using the subflow to call into the Holiday script? On your subflow step (on the second tab), do you have the proper variables configured so the Main script get's the result back from the Holiday script?

Here are some more details. very likely you may not be reading your xml. Below are some details however if it does not help shoot me an email I have 2 scripts one main one to check holiday and the holiday xml file I can share. Baseer@netfci.com

Updated for IPCC Express 4.0 and above by jyoung@evelocity.net

The ipccx4holiday script uses an xml file, dates.xml, as a list of holiday dates. The

script will compare "todays date" with all of the date entries in the file. If it finds

a match, it will set the boolean variable todayIsAHoliday to "true". This script

can be called as a subflow with this boolean variable. The variable can be

tested by the calling script to perform the desired holiday action if true.

The dates.xml file should be placed in the install folder, typically:

c:\Program Files\wfavvid

A template for the text file input is included below. Change the 3 sample dates,

add dates for 4-10, and add more if needed.

11/24/2005

11/25/2005

12/25/2005

looks like i ve done all of those thing, i'm attaching the script. thank you all .

When you do a reactive debug verify that the boolean variable that you are trying to use is changing to true. This will first tell you if you are getting the expected results from the subflow. Looks like there are two different variables for some reason that are mapped between the script and subflow. Not really sure why, but would suggest just using one.

Secondly, your if statements need to compare something. For instance todayIsAHoliday==true

I tried with only one if but it skips the Boolean variable like that, and i tried specifying go to the calendar if it was true with no luck. not sure why but is not understanding the XML file.

Thanks for your input.

Try these. Make sure to put the dates.xml file in the document repository, and not in the wfavvid folder.

Try a string variable rather than a boolean. I have noticed that sometimes boolean's don't pass cleanly from a subflow. This has been on the later versions of UCCX.

This is an awesome thread. Still relevant. You rock, jmorlan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: