Multiple redirect URLs for mutliple guest VLANs

Unanswered Question
Oct 8th, 2009

We are trying to implement 2 guest WLANs tunnneled to our DMZ and want to redirect users to 2 different URLs (one for each WLAN) when they click the "Accept" button. We are running 6.0.182 on the DMZ controllers and have a customized web passthrough page currently working for the 1st WLAN.

It appears that only 1 redirect URL can be configured via the command line (config custom-web redirectUrl), and we haven't had much luck modifying the web page for the 2nd WLAN to redirect correctly. Is this supported? Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Glnc66inc Thu, 10/08/2009 - 19:54

Maybe this can be done with having a unique login success page for each wlan. I am not sure but it is worth looking into.

-Kurt

Robert.N.Barrett_2 Mon, 10/12/2009 - 11:14

Since you are on version 6, the config guide mentions the following in Chapter 10 (and talks about how to do a "global override" per WLAN):

Assigning Login, Login Failure, and Logout Pages per WLAN

You can display different web authentication login, login failure, and logout pages to users per WLAN.

This feature enables user-specific web authentication pages to be displayed for a variety of network

users, such as guest users or employees within different departments of an organization.

Different login pages are available for all web authentication types (internal, external, and customized).

However, different login failure and logout pages can be specified only when you choose customized as

the web authentication type.

alfnetadm Tue, 10/13/2009 - 02:47

We have the same problem. We want to redirect til different URL after a success full login. It's no problem to costomized the login page and use different login page, BUT! - to redirect til different URL after success login. Can anyone help - please.

ERIC ARMSTRONG Tue, 10/13/2009 - 06:26

I've been able to assign separate login pages per WLAN using the global override. The issue is in redicting users after they click "Accept". There only seems to be one redirect URL configurable on the controller, and I'm have a hard time figuring out if this can be coded in the page itself. Thanks.

weterry Thu, 10/15/2009 - 19:10

I'm not sure if you got your answer or not, but you can hard code a redirect url in the custom webauth page. There should be a variable that dynamically is populated by the original accessed URL. Just replace the value with something spcific, and it will send back that this new address is where you should be redirected....

So make two pages, one going to urlA and the other to urlB.

You have to make sure you remove the controllers configuration for a redirect url though, else it will override the page.

Peter Nugent Fri, 10/16/2009 - 07:44

I believe this can be done with software version 6 and the web auth bundle has several solutions one of which may be multiple redirects. It may need an external server, not looked at it to closely as I havent been asked for it yet

ERIC ARMSTRONG Mon, 10/19/2009 - 10:03

Thanks Wesley.

I ended up opening a TAC case. I downloaded the latest webauth bundle from CCO and modified this section:

if(urlStr.length > 0){

redirectUrl += urlStr;

if(redirectUrl.length > 255)

redirectUrl = redirectUrl.substring(0,255);

document.forms[0].redirect_url.value = redirectUrl;

Changed the urlStr variable to my redirect URL (i.e., redirectUrl += "http://www.google.com";

Worked like a champ. Thanks.

Actions

This Discussion