cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway ??????????

gfremgen
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone point me in the right direction, I added an external phone number mask and that stopped outbound calls. It is an H323 gateway with a PRI, 4 digit DNs (6000-6999) and when we add 716422XXXX the users can not make outbound calls. If I remove the mask the calls flow freely. Any ideas are appreciated.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What are you actually trying to achieve ?

If you take debug isdn q931 you will see what the GW sends in one and the other case, and why telco refuses.

I am sending out the digits in the mask field but the call will not connect. Is it possible for the carrier to deny calls if the mask is different than the DID range? All I am attempting to do is show the proper 10 digits for caller ID, I had to remove the area code and exchange to get it to work for out bound calls.

What it shows when you send 4 digits only

Seems you need to talk to telco anyway.

Can you post a debug isdn q931 for a failed outbound call ? It may be that you need to set your ISDN plan type to unknown.

I have that set to unknown already. I will post the debug tomorrow. Thanks for the replies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: