Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4400

forrestermu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone tell the detail proceture/doc to remove software version 6 from a WLC 4400 and install a lower version of 5.1?

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Did you keep your config on controller version 5.1?

Most likely you will loose your configuration when downgrading your controller.

You can find the steps here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/6.0/configuration/guide/c60mfw.html

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with Lucien, however, are you sure? It's like jumping from the frying pan into the fryer! A number of the NetPro experts have unanimously agreed that the 5.X firmware is a lost-cause. I'd like to call this version the "dune buggy" version.

Sorry for the late response.

Actually I found the version 5.1 software is still on the controller as backup, so I just made this one as ACTIVE.

The reason I changed it back is the web-autnetication against Radius didn't work - didn't accept usename/pwd. After comparing the log on radius, the only difference is that version 6 sent NAS-Port-Type: Wireless - IEEE 802.11 to radius but version 5 don't. Any idea?

Thanks!

You can set the NAS Port Type in the RAS policy to wireless-IEEE 802.11 that should work

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card